Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cricut Circle OCTOBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE: CELEBRATING CREATIVITY

Canvas Clock








This month's challenge guidelines were:

The theme for this month’s challenge is all about celebrating the reasons why you love to create! Please create a scrapbook page or home decor project CELEBRATING CREATIVITY. Project must be newly created for this challenge and should include atleast 2 cuts to qualify. You must also:
  • Use the Shadow Feature
  • Use Patterned Paper (purchased, printed, or created with stamps, etc.)
  • Use Embellishments to Enhance One of the Cuts (pearls, buttons, gems, glitter, etc.)
I decide to try making a canvas clock for my craft room, I must say that I LOVE the way that it turned out. It was so hard to get good pictures of it, they don't do it justice. First of all I took a 12x12 canvas and painted it black. Then I used modge podge to adhere the paper to it. The paper is DCWV Mariposa stack. I'll admit it, I love DCWV! I cut the butterflies from pieces of the paper & one of the flowers. I used stickles to add some sparkle to them. I used  pearl flourishes that I purchased, but I can't remember what brand they are. I used my I-rock to add some rhinestones. I also used black vinyl.  The clock is Walnut Hallow brand I belive. The hands for the clock were silver, but I used Tim Holtz Black Enamel to cover them. I thought that worked really well. The cartridges & cut sizes I used on my gyspy are:

Plantin Schoolbook
Circle- 6.67" & 6.28"
I layered them together to make the clock circle and cut them in black vinyl.
Circle- 1.05" & .40"
I layered them together to make the center of the clock and welded flourishes from Home Decor to it, & cut it in black vinyl.

Home Decor
Flourishes- 1.43" (The bigger ones around the clock face) &
.94" ( The ones welded to the center circle.)

Wall Decor & More
Inspire- 1.6"
Inspire layer- 1.6"

Gypsy Font
Numbers- 1.36"
Numbers shadows- 1.36"


1 comment: